Savoury Sticky Rice (Okowa)
An ideal dish for anyone on a diet as it stems that hungry feeling.
- 450g glutinous rice, uncooked
- 70g chicken thigh, cut into thin strips
- 70g bamboo shoots, julienned
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- 40g carrots, julienned
- 20g fried bean curd, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mirin
- 100ml dashi
- 50ml sake
- Mix the chicken, bamboo shoots, carrots, bean curd and shiitake in a bowl with A. Add the rice and mix well.
- Cover a bamboo steamer with a muslin cloth, and place the mixture on top. Make a shallow hollow in the top of the rice, fold in the muslin, and place the lid on the steamer. Place the steamer on top of a pan of water, and steam on high for 20 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the steamer and place in a bowl, Mix well with B.
- Place all the ingredients back in the steamer and steam on high for a further 20 minutes.