A gorgeous seafood concoction with a Japanese twist.
- 5g wakame
- 70g squid
- 70g small prawns
- 8 mussels, in shells
- 180g spaghetti
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- 2 tbsp sake or white wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- some nori, cut into fine strips
- Soak the wakame to reconstitute, and cut into bite size pieces. Cut the squid into bite size strips. Rinse the mussels in salted water.
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of slightly salted water, then drain and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Pour the sake in a frying pan (if it is not enough to cover the bottom of the pan, add some more). Add the butter, salt and pepper, then all the seafood. Cover with a lid and steam until the mussels open.
- Keeping the pan on the heat, add the cooked spaghetti to the seafood. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the wakame just before removing the pan from the heat.
- Dish up the spaghetti and sprinkle on the nori just before serving.