Seared Steak and Wasabi Cream Canapés x Shirakabegura Mio Sparkling Sake
This quick-seared tuna steak, served with a citrus-soy ponzu sauce and garnished with crispy fried garlic, is an impressive but surprisingly easy appetiser that pairs perfectly with Shirakabegura Mio Sparkling Sake. Give your evening meal an authentic, up-scale Japanese izakaya edge with this simple yet sophisticated recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sirloin steaks, each about 200g Salt and black pepper 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 3 tbsp soured cream 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 20 crackers
- A handful of rocket leaves, to garnish Some shredded radish, to garnish
- Season the steak generously with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat, add the steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove the steak from the skillet and let stand for 10 minutes, then slice into 1/3 inch strips.
- Mix the wasabi paste, soured cream and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- To assemble the canapés: place rocket leaves and a strip of steak onto each cracker. Top each strip with a small spoonful of wasabi cream then garnish with shredded radish. Sprinkle with black pepper.