Smoked Salmon and Wasabi Rice Topping
Furikake is a type of dry condiment, shaken over rice to serve. This freshly made, warm version is simple to make but packed with flavour.
- 120g smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wasabi paste, adjust to taste
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Warm the olive oil in a small pan, add the smoked salmon, and gently stir-fry, moving the salmon with a wooden spatula.
- Mix the wasabi with a small amount of water, and add to the smoked salmon. Add the spring onion and white sesame once the wasabi and smoked salmons are mixed well.
- Mix up everything evenly, then it’s done! Serve over cooked Japanese rice.
Dissolve the wasabi well with a little water, mixing well so it doesn’t clump or become solid. You can change the amount of wasabi used according to your own taste.