Soba Noodles with Tempura (Tempura Soba)
This dish is great for spoiling yourself and is equally a hit if you are having people over for dinner.
- 100g soba noodles
- 350ml dashi
- 2 shrimps
- 50g spinach
- 1 spring onion
- some shichimi (optional)
<for the batter>
- 1 egg
- 50g plain flour, sifted
- 80ml cold water
- some vegetable or sunflower oil
- Shell the shrimps, cut off only the tips of the tails, devein, and make a few cuts on the underside.
- To make the batter, beat the egg and lightly mix with the cold water and flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based deep pan.
- Dip the shrimps in the batter and deep-fry until they float on the surface of the oil. Once cooked, place them on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Cook the spinach, drain it and cut into 5cm strips.
- Bring the dashi to the boil.
- Serve the noodles in a deep bowl, arrange the shrimp and spinach on top, and pour in the soup. Garnish with chopped spring onion and shichimi.