Adult Silver winner’s Nigiri sushi by Nathan Middlemiss, from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 60g sushi rice
- 4 large spicy anchovies (tinned. If unavailable, anchovies in olive oil with some chili will do)
- 8g wild rocket
- 1 red pepper
- 4 small pieces of nori
- Bake the red pepper, peel, then cut out four 6cm x 2cm rectangular shapes.
- Take 15g of rice in your right hand and gently mould it into the shape of a ship’s hull. Repeat four times.
- Put the anchovies on top of the rice pieces, then the rocket and hold in place with the nori.
- Cover the nori with the red pepper so that it cannnot be seen.