Stir-fried Tofu with Chilli Bean Paste (Mabo-dofu)
This great spicy recipe really simulates the appetite.
- 560g silken tofu (2 x standard block size, strained)
- 150g minced pork
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 leek
- small piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 dried red chilli
- 10g cornflour mixed with 15ml water
- 0.5 tsp sesame oil
- 80ml Chinese soup stock
- 1 tbsp Chinese red bean chilli paste
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- Cut the drained tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Chop the garlic, leek and ginger.
- Seed the red chilli and slice it finely.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok, and fry the garlic, leek and ginger.
- Add the minced pork and chilli and continue to stir-fry.
- Add the tofu and A, and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat to allow the tofu to soak up the seasoning.
- Add the cornflour, mixed with the water, to thicken.