Sushi Cranberry Smoke
Adults’ Finalist sushi by Sanna Miettunen, from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 200g sushi rice
- 60g smoked soft tofu
- 8 cranberries
- 1 sheet nori
- 6g wasabi paste
For the Sauce
- 50g cranberries
- juice of 1 small lemon
- some soy sauce
- some wasabi paste
You will also need a sushi rolling mat
- Place the nori on a bamboo sushi rolling mat and spread the sushi rice over it evenly, leaving 1 cm free on the far side to you. Place the wasabi in a horizontal line alon the middle of the rice.
- Cut the tofu into rectangular strips and place alongside the wasabi in a horizontal line. Add the cranberries between the two.
- Place your thumbs at the back of the mat and lift while supporting the filling with your fingers then, pressing lightly, roll away from you.
- Make the cranberry sauce by boiling the cranberries in a little water, pressing through a sieve, then adding soy sauce, lemon juice and a little wasabi to taste.
- Cut the roll into 6 pieces, and serve with cranberry sauce.