These are ideal for anyone on a diet, as tofu is so low in calories.
- 280g cotton tofu (1 x standard block), drained
- 300g minced beef and pork
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 15g breadcrumbs or panko
- some salt and pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 120ml ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- some soy sauce
- Wrap the drained tofu in a tea towel to remove excess water.
- Fry the chopped onion in butter and then remove it from the pan and allow to cool.
- Place the tofu, onion, minced meat and A in a bowl and mix thoroughly. It will become quite sticky.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape them into flattened ovals. Make a shallow hollow in the centre of each.
- Fry the hamburgers on a medium heat, turn when browned on one side, put a lid on and continue frying. When clear juice emerges on the surface of the hamburgers, they are cooked.
- Discard the oil from the pan and add B to make the sauce. Bring it to the boil.
- Serve the hamburgers on plates and pour the sauce over.