Tofu on Toast
A Japanese version of good old beans on toast. Maybe.
- 2 slices of bread
- 80g tofu (1/4 standard size block)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 15g grated cheese
- some nori, cut into strips
- Wrap the tofu in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the excess water. Don‚Äôt worry about breaking it.
- Place the tofu in a bowl, add the soy sauce and mayonnaise and mix well, crushing the tofu into a chunky paste.
- Toast one side of the bread. Spread the paste on the untoasted side, top with grated cheese, and grill until the cheese melts. Sprinkle nori on top if desired.