This recipe offers a deliciously different way to serve tofu, with a satisfying texture and flavour.
- 280g firm tofu (1 standard size block, strained)
- 100g shimeji mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, 5g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- Wrap the tofu in a tea towel and place something on top of it such as a small bowl to force out excess water, leave the bowl in position for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the drained tofu into 3 even pieces. Slice the garlic finely.
- Fry the garlic in the butter until browned, before removing it, and saute the shimeji mushrooms until soft and then remove them.
- Place the tofu in the pan and fry both sides on a medium heat. Put the garlic back in the pan and add the soy sauce and sake as finishing touch. Serve with the mushroom.