Tofu Stewed with Meat and Vegetables
Make the most of seasonal winter leeks with this quick and easy warming dish. You can always try alternative vegetables too.
- 280g cotton tofu (1 x standard block, strained)
- 150g thinly sliced beef
- 1 leek
- 100g shirataki (konnyaku noodles)
- 300ml dashi
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Cut the drained tofu into 8 pieces, and the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice the leek diagonally, into 3cm pieces. Cut the shirataki into 5cm lengths and cook in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Place the broth ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Add the tofu, beef, leek and shirataki and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.Serve immediately.