Tuti Sushi Cake
Chair of Judge’s prize sushi(New type) by Katherine Dar(age 11), from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 80g sushi rice
- Some wakame (seaweed)
- 8 small pieces of nori (4cm x 1cm each)
- 8-12 thin slices of cucumber
- 8-12 thin slices of apple
- Some mozzarella cheese
- Some orange peel
- Put the seaweed, then 10g of the rice into a 5cm-diameter mould (e.g. a cookie cutter)
- Next, in order, place the following ingredients into the mould: 2-3 slices of the apple, 2-3 slices of the cucumber, the mozzarella and 10g more rice, then decorate the top with the 2 pieces of nori.
- Remove the mould and shape the sushi into a smooth column.
- Repeat stages 1) to 3) four times.
- To add flavour, squeeze the orange peel over the sushi.