Vegetable Stir-fried Noodles (Gomoku Yakisoba)
Healthy stir-fried noodle dish with lots of green vegetables.
- 100g ramen noodles, boiled and drained
- 50g small prawns, shelled and deveined
- 25g bamboo shoot, boiled
- 15g carrot, julienned
- 1 pak choi
- 3g kikurage mushrooms
- 1tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 10g cornflour mixed with 15ml water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 350ml dashi
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp salt
- some pepper
1. Wash the kikurage, soak in water for 20 minutes and dice. Finely slice the bamboo shoots. Divide the pak choi, cut the leaves into 5cm lengths, and cut the stalk in half lengthways.
2. Heat half the oil in a frying pan and fry the noodles on a medium heat. When they have browned slightly, take them out and place them on a plate.
3. Heat the rest of the oil in another frying pan and fry the prawns.
4. When the prawns are cooked, turn up the heat and add the kikurage, bamboo shoots, carrot and pak choi, and stir-fry.
5. Add <A> to the pan and let it simmer.
6. Add the cornflour (mixed with water) to thicken, and then add the sesame oil.
7. Pour the cooked prawns and vegetables over the noodles.