Children’s Second Winner sushi by Yuichiro Shirozu(age 10), from the Original Sushi Competition 2005.
- 90g sushi rice
- 180g chicken thigh(skinned and cut into 2.5cm pieces)
- 1-2 leek(cut into 2.5cm sticks)
For the Yaki-tori Sauce
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp sake
- Mix all the ingredients for the yaki-tori sauce (apart from 1 tsp sake) together in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Grill chicken pieces in a frying pan until surfaces turn brown, then pour 1 tsp sake, cover, and cook for 5 mins on a low heat, stirring occasionally. When done, pour in 1 and mix well on a mudium heat.
- Grill leek until soft and slightly brown on the outside.
- Make 6 balls with sushi rice. Thread 2 chicken pieces, 2 leek sticks and 1 rice ball onto each bamboo skewer.