Yakitori (Grilled Chicken)
A firm favourite in bars and on barbeques. Simple, delicious and great with a cold beer.
- 800g chicken breast
- 2 leeks
- Bamboo skewers for grilling
- For the sauce
- 120ml soy sauce
- 120ml mirin
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for an hour before using, to prevent them from burning.
- Slice the chicken and leek into bite-size pieces and place on the bamboo skewers.
- Boil the ingredients for the sauce until they have reduced by 1/3.
- Grill the chicken and leek, brushing with the sauce 1-2 times whilst grilling. Serve with lemon.