- Spogomi UK is the UK selection stage of Spogomi, an international event organised by The Nippon Foundation. Any reference to ‘the Event’ refers to the UK selection stage and does not cover any other portion of Spogomi branded events, either domestic or international.
- The Organiser is Cross Media Limited (hereafter the ‘Organisers’ or ‘CM’) (company no. 02191760).
- All matters are at the final discretion of the Organisers.
- The competition is open to teams of 3 members. If any member of the team is under 12 years old, at least one member of the team must be 18 years old or older. A Team Leader must be nominated at the time of registration.
- The competition is open to all participants aged 3 years and above. All Children aged between 3 and 12 years must be accompanied by a registered Adult Participant aged 18 years or above. Any Participants under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before participating.
- Two of the three participants must be UK nationals, permanent residents or have settled status and right to reside in the UK.
- Must have or be in the process of obtaining a passport
- Must be able to travel to Japan in principle (November 20-23, 2023, with the final battle date scheduled for November 22, 2023) in the event of winning the competition.
Participants are responsible for:
- Providing accurate personal information during registration.
- Wearing appropriate clothing and necessary materials (as recommended or specified by the Organisers) in advance of the Event starting.
- Following all rules and instructions from Organisers and Umpires
- Not causing nuisance (recording, solicitation) to other Participants or Instructors.
- Except in respect of losses relating to death or personal injury resulting from CM’s negligence, obtaining insurance for personal accident and loss as a result of the Competition is the sole responsibility of the participant, accompanying adult, parent or guardian.
- *The competition will cover the cost of travel to Japan, accommodation, meals, and any other expenses deemed necessary.
- *If for some reason a member of the qualifying team is unable to come to Japan for the World Cup, up to two members may be replaced (if all three members are unable to come to Japan, the second-placed team will be considered the representative).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Your participation in the event is at your sole risk. The Event is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- Cross Media Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
- CM shall not be liable for any injury or loss occurring as a result of participation in the Competition (including, without limitation, any losses resulting from the CM’s negligence), provided that nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit CM’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from the CM’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Entry will be made using the provided online form.
- All entries are at the final discretion of the Organisers.
- CM will only process your personal information as set out in https://hyperjapan.co.uk/privacy-notice/.
- Entrants’ personal data can be shared with Trusted Third Parties (sponsors, Instructors etc).
- CM and Trusted Third Parties may contact Entrants; and
- The Competition winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- In the circumstances that the Event is cancelled, prevented from continuing, or the CM is otherwise unable to perform any obligations under the Agreement due to: technical difficulties and/or failures in logistics outside of the CM’s reasonable control; fire; explosion; riot; theft; strike; epidemic; act of God; or other circumstance beyond the CM’s reasonable control, CM shall not be held liable for Damages.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and CM reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- All final decisions made in the competition will be at the discretion of the Organisers.
- Winners will be informed by email of next stages to claim prizes within 7 days of the Event closing and will have 7 days from being informed to confirm their details to claim their prize.
The Event and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
CM may change these terms and conditions and the most up to date terms shall be available in the website.