As you know, HYPER JAPAN Christmas Market 2014 is bringing some Japanese spice to jazz up your holiday season. Rather than carols, we’re giving our musically inclined visitors a chance to take part in one of Japan’s best-loved cultural exports; Karaoke!
Our HYPER UTAU Karaoke contest is open to any amateur singers who want to try their luck. Applicants must record an audition of the song they intend to sing on stage and then upload it for download (on your own website, or via Dropbox, Sendspace etc) or listening/viewing online (via Youtube, Soundcloud, etc). We will then contact applicants who have been accepted as finalists who will perform on stage at our HYPER JAPAN Christmas Market. Prizes TBC, but all accepted finalists will also gain free entry to the session they are attending, plus a special bonus!
Our panel of judges will include HYPER JAPAN Kawaii Star Scarlett Young, and classically-trained singer Kerri Veck. Warm up your voices and get ready to give us your best shot this November!
- 1. Songs may be in English or Japanese, but Japanese songs will win bonus points for effort.
- 2. Applicants must know the song off by heart, no lyrics will be displayed during the performance.
- 3. Group/Duet entries are permitted, but there is only one prize per entry regardless of the number of entrants, and a maximum of two microphones.
- 4. The last date for applications is November 2nd.
- 5. Applicants must supply own backing track as MP3 format, to be emailed to us once they are accepted.
- 6. Songs over approximately 4 minutes may be cut short around this time.
- 7. The judges’ decision is final in all cases.