Want to learn how to make a perfect Katsu Curry?
Following the success of our first event, we are delighted to announce the second Virtual Curry Dinner Party with a professional chef, Kinu Yukawa!
Grab your chance to enjoy eating Japanese Curry with other Japanese food fans!
HYPER JAPAN and S&B are hosting a Virtual Curry Dinner Party, where you can meet Japanese curry lovers across the UK, share your recipe ideas, and have dinner together.
The party includes a special cooking lesson from chef Kinu Yukawa, who will teach you how to make a perfect Katsu to go with your curry.
Before the party, you will receive a pack of S&B Golden Curry to prepare for the big day.
After the party, you will also receive a gift set of fantastic S&B products!
HYPER JAPAN has always brought the most authentic – and delicious – Japanese food to London, and now we’ve teamed up with S&B to bring the most authentic Japanese ingredients directly into your kitchen.
The session will be led by Izumi Nakamura from Sozai Cooking School, the first cooking school in the UK dedicated to authentic Japanese food.
S&B’s Virtual Curry Dinner Party with Chef Kinu Yukawa
- Date: Sunday, 1st November 2020
- Time: 5pm – 6:30pm
- Where: Zoom
- Price: FREE!
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To secure your place, please register your details HERE!
What happens at a Virtual Curry Dinner Party?
[Before the event]
- Participants will receive a pack of S&B Golden Curry (Medium Hot) in advance of the party
- Participants will be asked to cook the curry to eat at the party.
- Please prepare ingredients for “Katsu”, which we will use in the party. (Ingredients includes; boneless chicken breast, all-purpose flour, egg, panko bread crumbs, oil)
[During the event]
- Everyone will get together on Zoom, share their recipe ideas and discuss the joy of eating Japanese curry!
- Chef Kinu Yukawa will give you lesson to make perfect “Katsu” to go with your curry. It will be a live cook-along session, so everyone will be asked to cook with the chef.
- Chef Kinu Yukawa will give the participants tips and ideas for making a perfect Katsu Curry.
[After the event]
- HYPER JAPAN will send a gift set of S&B products to the participants to thank them for their contribution!
About Chef: Kinu Yukawa
Kinu Yukawa is a cooking instructor, food stylist and private chef from Kobe, Japan. She ventured into the world of food early in life and fostered the basics of cooking from her grandmother who was a chef. Later she trained at Ecole Ritz Escoffier Paris and traditional Japanese cuisine in Kyoto.
Kinu believes in the simplicity of the Japanese philosophy in enjoying food with the body’s five senses as well as cooking with the colourful produce in season. Bringing ‘harmony’ to the body nourished by the seasonal ‘food’ which is one of the meanings of the word ‘Washoku’ (the harmony of food), the Japanese terminology for Japanese cuisine.
Kinu has been teaching Japanese cooking at the Japan Centre London since 2011, sharing her expertise and knowledge of Japanese cooking and styling to students of all walks of life and various levels of culinary interests.
Visit her website @
About S&B Foods
S&B are one of the most famous food companies in Japan and have been producing and distributing a dazzling variety of spices, condiments and cooking ingredients since 1923. They were the first company to manufacture curry powder in Japan and to introduce many herbs and spices from overseas, adding to Japan’s unique culinary culture.
Now they want the world to taste their success by offering flavourful products such as Wasabi in Tube, Golden Curry, Nanami Togarashi Assorted Chili Pepper and Yuzu Kosho Spicy Citrus Paste available right here in the UK!
About Sozai Cooking School
Sozai Cooking School is an established Japanese cookery school with a wide variety of classes from all-time favourites of sushi and tempura, traditional cuisines of kaiseki and shojin, casual street foods of ramen noodles and okonomiyaki, to famous wagashi desserts. The school also provides food education programs designed for different ages, professional chef training, corporate team building sessions, and total business consulting services. Join Sozai friends today and meet a bunch of friendly instructors. They have been offering their best to help your Japanese food craving on one-off online interactive live streaming lessons at special prices during these changing times.
06 December 2021
04 December 2021
03 December 2021
01 December 2021
Are You the Stone-Age Man Japan Is Searching For!? Yayoi Discoveries Spark an Ancient Casting Call in Tottori
29 November 2021
26 November 2021
24 November 2021
24 November 2021
24 November 2021
22 November 2021